Young Farmer Network seeks dependable and enthusiastic help to take on administration of the Young Farmer Nights. Potential to expand responsibilities into other areas of the Young Farmer Network.
- Strongly identify with YFN’s mission and guiding values (see website and please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss any clarifications or concerns)
- Comfortable working independently, ability to stay on task without oversight
- Dependable and punctual
- Highly organized
- Sociable and a strong listener with a willingness to learn from others
- Must have own transportation and willingness to drive to farms within our region.
- Availability to attend all Young Farmer Nights, May through October, bi-weekly Mon/Weds, in the evening.
The ideal candidate may also...
- have attended Young Farmer Nights in the past and would therefore already be familiar with their usual functioning and atmosphere.
- have basic graphic design skills
- have direct experience, past or present, with farming
- Work with the YFN Organizer to schedule farms for the 2017 tour season, in communication with other local organizations with similar programming.
- Oversee timely posting and promotion of the Young Farmer Night events on social media and through emails.
- Check in with host farms prior to their events, attend to questions and concerns appropriately.
- Attend each Young Farmer Night and manage the smooth operation of the tour and potluck.
- Publish photos and follow up notes from each Young Farmer Night.
- Report number of attendees and any suggestions/questions/connections that are gathered during the event.
- Independent work, YFN has no centralized office.
- Start date is flexible.
- This work is unlikely to exceed an average of 4 hours per week. Young Farmer Nights run May through October every other week, starting in the evening.
- Compensation is hourly and competitive.
- Driving expenses will be reimbursed.
To apply, email Sarah at email@example.com with a letter explaining why you are interested in working with YFN, including any relevant work and life experience.
The Young Farmer Network is an affiliate chapter of the National Young Farmers Coalition, and is a non-profit grassroots organization. YFN is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, political orientation or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. YFN encourages women, LGBTQ individuals, veterans, and people of color to apply.